Monday, December 10, 2007

Book's review

For last couple of months I was deliberating on creating some simple database or spread sheet which could list the books I read and allow me to jot some points on the books I enjoyed reading. Just yesterday, thought came to mind that it would be better to have this in the form of a Blog--- it will be good for my reference and easy to share.

So here it is...I will try with the books I read recently and if relevant (means if my memory helps me), I will give my brief review about these books.

Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?: Leading a Great Enterprise through Dramatic Change by Louis Gerstner
(ISBN-13: 978-0060523800)

I found the language of this book very simple and flow was fun to follow. My current tenure with IBM (as of now) made me more interest in reading some of the chapters. I enjoyed first few chapters where Louis Gerstner was describing his early tenure at IBM and cultural shock he got. However, later part of the book was getting less interesting for me, and Louis was playing more diplomatic executive role. I would give 3 out of 5 point for the msg and value this book conveyed.
(5th-20th Apr 2007)

Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist by Roger Lowenstein
(ISBN:0-679-41584-X)
I have already talked about this on my other blog...so if interested read it here...


The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century
by Thomas Friedman (ISBN: 978-0374292799)

Surely an interesting book and worth reading. In most part, Thomas has good
observation and vision of future trend in new globlonomy, however at at some point he talks like a fiction book author! Just as many other articles, this book/author is very ambitious about India's growth but I would like to take it with pinch of salt.

No comments: